We’re starting to see ghosts, goblins, and ghouls around every corner this time of year, which makes it a really fun time to amp up your social media marketing.
Check out these Halloween business ideas to celebrate the spookiest season of the year, as well as encourage your social media followers to buy from your online store.
1. Update Your Social Profile Images
Most of us upload our social media profile pictures once and never think of them again, but they’re actually fantastic marketing collateral year ’round. Not only do you have the headshot-sized images to play with but also the wider banner images on Facebook and Twitter provide ample Halloween-themed opportunities.
Here are a few Halloween business ideas to keep your images holiday-centric.
- Place a cobweb graphic on top of your company logo
- Zombify your headshot
- Upload an image of your Halloween-themed products for the banner image
- Use Halloween-centric stock photos
2. Hold a Halloween Contest
What better way to get people in the Halloween spirit than holding a spooky-themed contest? If you have Halloween-related products for sale (like Halloween and fall decor), these make great giveaway items.
Otherwise, give away an in-demand product that people will clamor to win. Keep the entry dates short enough to spur people into action but long enough to give them time to prepare their entries, especially if more work is involved, such as creating a video.
Here are some Halloween business ideas for your contest:
- Submit a photo using your product in a Halloween setting on Instagram with a special hashtag for entry
- Share your Halloween image or link from Facebook on their profile
- Answer a question on Twitter like, "What’s your favorite Halloween candy?”
- Submit a photo in a Halloween costume on Instagram
3. Pepper Your Updates with Halloween
While you don’t want to go overboard with the holiday, a few carefully planned Halloween-themed tweets and shares can get people in the mood. Use a tool like TweetJukeboxto create a dozen or more tweets for Twitter that you can set up to automatically publish without any additional effort on your part.
Some Halloween-y social media marketing update ideas include:
- Links to your Halloween-related items (no more than 20% of overall social shares)
- Halloween trivia
- Pics of your office decorated for the holiday
- Links to Halloween-oriented blog content (yours and others’)
4. Share Your Halloween-Related Marketing Campaign
Your Halloween efforts may go beyond social media. If you’ve set up a marketing campaign that includes promotions on specific products, and you’re amplifying it on other channels like email, advertising, and your blog, social media is a great addition to your efforts.
In fact, a cohesive Halloween marketing campaign spread across multiple channels will attract more customers than just one or two channels will.
Here are some ways to share yours on social media.
- Link to landing page for the specific promotion
- Ask your network to share these links
- Promote a blog post that talks about the Halloween campaign
Halloween might not be as big of a holiday as Christmas, but in the online retail world, it still serves as a fantastic opportunity to spur interest from your social media followers, as well as increase sales. Incorporating even a couple of these Halloween business ideas will keep your brand relevant and at the top of shoppers’ minds this fall.
What Halloween business ideas do you plan to use this year?
Article Source: https://blog.scottsmarketplace.com/halloween-business-ideas/